
What would we have done without Mom our first week? I would have cried probably, and been even MORE sleep deprived, and doubted everything we did with Jaylee. She was such a blessing being able to teach us what is normal and answer all our questions. She was so supportive and just offered encouragement...never criticized our decisions of how to raise Jaylee. We couldn't have asked for more especially our very first week as parents.

We call Mom the "Master Burper". She was always ready to give a hand if we ever asked for ANYTHING. After we'd change and feed Jaylee, there was mom ready to burp her. She seemed to have a magic touch.

I apologize for those of you who hate naked baby photos. I usually do too...but something about this scene just made me laugh so hard. A totally naked baby except for a huge hat just made me smile.

Maybe this is pretty normal, but we found some of the outfits we had for Jaylee kind of tricky to learn how to put them on. Having two people dress her became somewhat a norm for us this past week.

Once again I apologize for the naked baby photo...but this is Jaylee getting ready for her very first spongebath. Boy were we in for a treat... we didn't know Jaylee could cry so loud and hard until we gave her her first sponge bath. We can't wait for her ambilical cord to fall off and heal completely so we can give her a real bath. We're hoping it was just the coldness of a layer of warm water that we didn't dry off immediately that she hated...not the water itself... time will tell though! :)

This is our "Baby Moses" photo. Something about that hooded towel reminds us of Pharoah. She stopped crying once we dried her off and warmed her up by the furnace.

Yes...I looked like death most of Jaylee's first week of life. And still do actually. We actually stayed awake probably 95% of our first night with Jaylee. She makes so many little noises in the night time that we were constantly sitting up and watching her to make sure she was okay. One of these days I'll record her while she sleeps so y'all can hear the choir of noises we listen to each night!

One of the noises Jaylee makes 75% of the day are 'pushing' sounds...like she's having a hard time digesting her food and so she 'pushes' it out. Poor girl. So we decided to try having her sleep in a slightly more upright position. We bought a little bouncer for her that just happened to have a huge Monkey on it. Although we can't say it solved her digestion issues...we can say that Jaylee loves it. This is her loving it! :)

Jaylee can fall asleep anywhere...like most newborns we assume. I just love having her fall asleep in my arms. I hope she stays this size forever!

So we learned that taking care of Jaylee is a team effort! Thank you team!

And thank you Mom for making gourmet meals every single day she was here for us. We couldn't have done it without you and miss you terribly!!!
When Mom came to help us after Brooke was born, I was amazed at how Mom could ALWAYS get a burp out. She is the master burper! I loved all your little comments with those photos! Jaylee is the cutest little Pharaoh ever. And I love her loving the bouncer. I can't wait to hold her!!!
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow, I when I added your blog to my "following" list it somehow didn't add... so this whole time I thought you hadn't posted anything! We are way behind, and are loving all the adorable photos. Everything you have said is PERFECTLY normal, you are doing great!
ReplyDelete