I wish I could say I love watching this with zero feelings of frustration...but recently I've wondered if me not stopping such behavior has caused a few of Jaylee's acting out episodes recently. I've laughed so many times when Jaylee does spontaneous, destructive things like this that I've probably confused her as to whether or not "this is a good thing to make mommy laugh"... or "this is a very bad thing to make mommy MAD".
But I laughed this time, then immediately after this on the way to "Quiet Time" she tried destroying other piles of things that made me so made I ended up going up the chain of taking away treats, putting in time out all the way up to (after she still refused to obey or go in time out) to the spank. Then we had 3 episodes of that in the same day and she hasn't acted up fully since so I don't know if we nipped it in the bud or if it was a pre-cursor of the awful 4 year old age I've been warned about... I hope the first.
I can't see the video; it says it is "private." We deal with the same issue with Kaelyn, though. She is just hitting the terrible twos, where she is starting to experiment with disobedience, but we can't help but laugh when she tries to throw a temper tantrum because it is just so funny. I'm sure you will figure it out!
ReplyDelete