Sunday, April 3, 2016

Happy Easter 2016

Before Jaylee could relax  in bed the night before Easter, she INSISTED we needed to leave a sign for the Easter bunny due to the fact we have a cat.Word for word from Jaylee...
After I carried her downstairs to see the sign taped to the back of a chair in the middle of the room so the Easter Bunny would see it, she was able to sleep in peace. :)

Easter morning sleepy head...

This clip is REALLY long of Jaylee showing off her basket. No offense taken if you don't watch it! :)

I am not very crafty, but I was proud of these zero cost hangings we all made together to get in the Easter spirit. :)
After church we hid the eggs for Jaylee to find, doing the "hot" or "cold" hint game like my parents used to.
Inside those eggs were hair clips and Almond Joys or Mounds...some of Daddy's favorites.



Then we dyed easter eggs. Although Jaylee enjoyed dying the eggs, nothing made her giggle more than dying the white paper towels green!



I thought this Easter was so awesome because all these years my health couldn't handle doing so many of the fun Easter traditions I remember. But since my body has been doing much better recently, we squeezed it all in. And you know what?... I didn't like the feeling !!! I felt something was missing! We had had an Easter oriented FHE mid week, but somehow that spiritual focus left amidst all the festivities. So we decided (since we ran out of time for the cookie decorating with Nini anyway) that we'd extend Easter another day to have a longer Easter FHE on the Monday after Easter. It was wonderful watching some of the LDS Bible videos on the resurrection with Jaylee. Then the activity was decorating Easter cookies...which I think I ate all of them except like 3 lol.




And I gotta give a shout out to our amazing postman, Eddie. He is sooooo nice to Jaylee and brings her GIFTS for holidays! This time it was a chocolate Easter bunny! Eddie says he only has Grandsons so he likes doting on Jaylee as well as a few other adorable "granddaughters" on his route. :) He told her to eat the ears first to make a silly looking bunny. Jaylee did with delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment