On top of that, after a long work week, Anita left early Saturday morning before General Conference started in order to buy some more things for me. She had already done all my birthday present shopping (so amazing) but she wanted me to get the same traditions with her as when I was growing up with my parents. A tradition I had growing up is that my mom used to make us children whatever meal we wanted on our birthday. I would usually pick pizza, oriental salad, artichokes and cheese cake or lemon crazy cake. I told Anita that eating out would be my preference this year. But she decided that on top of going out she at least would make my cake of choice and make artichokes with whatever dinner she made. So right before Conference started she trudged in the door carrying flowers, and bags of food and more decorations...all for one reason...to make me feel special!
Then during conference she was listening AND putting up decorations and helping entertain Jaylee so I could enjoy part of conference. Then in between sessions do you know where she went? BACK TO THE STORE because the first store didn't have any "good" artichokes! Yeah, I know. So full of love. When she got back she immediately started baking the lemon crazy cake. Immediately after the amazing sessions she was ready to take the family WHEREVER I wanted to go. And she was so happy about it. And Curry Pizza House was awesome!
The rest of the day you can guess--opening presents, blowing out candles, singing--all because my wonderful mother in law Anita planned it and made it happen. Thank you so much, Mom. I love you!
Another thing another that touched me incredibly was that Jaylee, all on her own, decided she wanted to wear only pink and green on my birthday (to honor me since those are my favorite colors!) What a sweetheart. I love you Jaylee! I love your goodness and thoughtfulness and willingness to celebrate and have fun on special days like my birthday!
I received so much love from many people! Thank you all. My parents sent me a card with a planned gift of a new set of violin strings. Griffin also made a card and helped Jaylee make a card for me too. I took Jaylee to the dollar store to let her pick out a gift for me and she chose a mermaid barbie doll which she thought I'd love! (haha, she was begging for me to open it so she could play with it). My Grandparents, Griffin's aunts (terry and arlene) and others sent me birthday cards. Anita had planned ahead and besides her own gifts to me helped Jaylee make a card for me and helped Jaylee make a bracelet out of beads that says "I love my mommy" for Jaylee to give to me.
I'm so excited to be 32! I've seen a few more wrinkles appear this year and I don't mind at all! I hope they'll stand as a witness for me at the end of this life... that I have endured well the trials and and stresses and challenges Heavenly Father has placed before me in this life. I like to think the wrinkles are evidence of the many days of smiling I've lived out of gratitude to this amazing life experience that will be over before I know it. I feel honored to become more like those who are experienced and older who are all the more wise because of it. And best of all, I love the fact that I feel inside I have passed yet another year of tests from my Father in Heaven. I am that much closer to returning home to Him and as Elder Anderson talked about today in General Conference "All these things shall be for thy good". How could I not feel joy from all this? And I'll tell you a secret I shouldn't! My birthday wish as I blew out the candles, was-- not that I'd win a million dollars or that people around me would change-- it was simply that I could be happy no matter what is around me. I should pray that for all people. I am so grateful for the true gospel of Jesus Christ's understanding in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment