Friday, July 20, 2012

Trip to Cabellas

So for about two years now Griffin has mentioned us taking a trip to Cabellas at least 50 times. So finally we did so I could see what all the hype was about this store. For those of you who don’t know Cabellas is like the ultimate outdoor superstore and has everything hard core outdoorsy people would need…from thousands of fishing poles and equipment to tents and sleeping bags to hunting supplies (aka guns) which is the main reason Griffin wanted to go. The amazing thing about Cabellas though is that it is also has kind of a museum feel. When you walk in there is a small aquarium with beautiful fish. There is also a few large rooms of animals that have been stuffed and preserved…I’m blanking on the term for that. In the center of the store is a huge display of man made mountain with all sorts of preserved dead animals (bears, wolves, moose, rabbits) that were absolutely beautiful. This display looks so real with running water in between the mountainess rocks and trees. I was very impressed.
Here's Griffin showing Jaylee the fishies

 I wanted to capture this "goose" because Griffin and I always call Jaylee our "silly goose".
 The African Safari section
Jaylee and Christi looking at the elk 
 Christi pointing out little quails to Jaylee
Griffin in heaven

What I found most interesting though is the gap between Griffin’s interests and mine! I found myself wanting to spend my time in the camping section while Griffin was torn between the spices/rubs/food department and the firearms section!

2 comments:

  1. It's called taxidermy, but I'm not sure how you would use it in that sense... animals that were taxidermized? :)

    Neat store, though I can't say I am a super "outdoorsy" type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is this store located? How did I never hear about it! I'm not at all surprised that Griffin was torn between the food and the guns. Haha.

    ReplyDelete